Friday, June 10

Too many options

I think I like college best when I'm on vacation.  I can think all I want about being in college without actually doing anything about it.

So far I have taken thirty-four semester hours and am nowhere closer to finding out what exactly I want to do with a college career.

I want to do Philosophy. But if Philosophy, then also Religious Studies. But then I like Creative Writing. I'll have to decide between that and English Literature. Ooh and Film Studies. And a language sounds appropriate. Maybe Spanish. Or French. And if I'm doing a language, I might as well get my ESL. That makes sense.
This is where I'm at right now. I think it's a bit futile to know about something only halfway thoroughly. If I study something, I want to fully understand it, fully experience it. I don't think this is asking too much.

But then I've always had this flaw... It's never enough for me to be excellent at just one singular thing. I can never pay attention to anything that long to be that good at it. I'd rather sacrifice excellence in one area to be moderately acceptable in a lot of areas. This is my downfall, I think.

There is such a thing as a renaissance man. I guess my goal is to be just one step lower-- Well-rounded, but not quite so perfectly.

I guess I've gotten past the "Why should I go to college?" stage and am more at the "What do I want out of college?" phase.

Money's not an issue. A lilly of the field is what I am. I shall work as hard as I can, and trust the Maker to supply me if He sees fit to do so. If not, then I'll complain.

Maybe just fulfillment. I want to get a lot out of life. College is a place to do this, I think.

Not only do I want to get stuff out of life, but I want to give back to it.
University will arm me with certain abilities to give back to the world more effectively. At least that's what I've been told.

As an up and coming lyricist once put it (Me!), "Life is what you make of it, it's not what you can take from it."

I don't know how I'll go about this, but something will work out.

I'm rambling. I do this a lot.

I need guidance. I don't know what I should do.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive