Wednesday, October 6

Scarfs and Leaves

Tomorrow I am going away.
I'm not sure where, exactly.
I was supposed to go to New York with my friend Ben, but things changed, much to my disappointment, but also to my happiness.
I hope some day I can see that big city. Its towers, as of now, are only fictional rectangles in my mind-- not really concrete memories. I hope this can change soon. I want that city to be a fond memory.
But no. Instead, I am going to quite the opposite of a bustling city. I'm going to a quaint little tourist town somewhere in Tennessee with mountain trails around it where I can wear out my hiking boots. I'm rather excited. It's been too long since I've worn hiking boots.

The leaves are becoming more dramatic. Yes, I'm sorry I always revert my blogs back to leaves. But leaves are fantastic. They're prettiest when they start to die, and I think that is a beautiful irony.
It's also scarf weather. I like scarfs because they're so obscure. Wrapping a piece of linen around your neck to keep you warm? I'm sure there are other methods that might be a bit more practical. But practicality doesn't matter. Scarfs :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

so, I hope you don't mind...but I think I might quote you. :)

Followers

Blog Archive