Saturday, October 23

I'm the Traveling Sitar Player

At this moment, I feel just like the main character from Moulin Rouge-- the idealistic writer who comes to Paris in search of inspiration and love, ready to become the most influential writer concerning the Bohemian revolution and Love itself. The only problem is that he had never been in love. He had great ideas about love (most of these come from a long lineage of pop songs throughout the ages), like "All you need is love," and "Love is a many splendid thing." All great ideas, rolling off the tongue quite easily. But holding an actual girl in the arms of love? No. He can't say that he has done that, actually.
And neither can I.
Sure, I have an idea or two about love (most of them coming from trendy preachers from trendy churches) like, "Love is commitment," and "Love is patient, love is kind," etc... And these aren't bad ideas. It's just that the actual putting into practice of said ideas has never really happened, neither in my life nor in this Moulin Rouge character.
I know this sounds very hopelessly cliche, but I feel obligated to share my sentiments with the internet, no matter how trivial or bazaar.

And I suppose you could say that this blog is simply an immature cry for attention, where I can trumpet around saying that I'm lonely to whoever will listen and hope for the best.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive