Wednesday, September 18

Alright, so I understand that we are all very busy.

And I understand that when you get busy, you start to believe that you are the only one in this world who is busy.

And I don't know if that's an ego thing, or if you just become so consumed in all of the things that you're doing that you forget that there's somebody else out there in the world (a teacher, or a roommate, or a random stranger walking past you) doing just as many things, and maybe more. Who knows...

But, man, I'm busy.

And seeing as this is the place where I can put all things Isaac at the forefront of this one-way conversation, I want to tell you about it.

Not really for sympathy, because I already get enough of that. Maybe for attention, because I'm just as vain as Benjamin Franklin (though not quite as bright). And maybe just so that I can understand, myself, what all exactly I have going on for me this semester. I want to lay it all out there and see if I'm overstating things when I tell people that I can't make it to their dinner party (thanks for asking) because I'm just too busy.

So...

School.
I'm taking fifteen hours, which definitely isn't that bad at all. I was originally at eighteen, but dropped my Stagecraft class because it didn't make any sense to keep it now that I've dropped the Musical Theatre major.

My other classes are these:
Tap III
Design
American Lit. I
Sociology (Oh yeah, I have a test tomorrow...)
Voice Lessons
Men's Ballet

And that's kind of it. Totally manageable.
My American Lit class is pretty heavy on reading. My Design class is just kind of constant. And my Sociology class is pretty fun, but has a lot of new information that I'm still in the process of wrapping my head around. My Tap III class makes me feel like a complete idiot, though I can tell that it's helping me. My Men's Ballet class is killing my body slowly. And my voice lessons require a good amount of attention.

And they're all really fun classes.

In my Design class, we're talking about color theory-- concepts about colors that I never knew existed. It's so cool. It's like Music Theory, at least in the sense that there's a system of statutes that constitute not necessarily what sounds or looks good, but how certain elements interact with each other.

Like, in Music Theory, you can say that F# is the Major 3rd of D.

In Color Theory, you can say that Blue is a Complementary color of Orange.

There's a science behind it. And these aren't actual rules of nature-- they're just ways of seeing thigns that people have created in order to better understand these things in our lives that are just so freaking mysterious. It's really cool.

Okay, sorry, I got sidetracked.

And I actually have to go. I forgot where I was going with this, but I'll continue it later. I'm working and a tester just walked in.

Thank you for reading,
Isaac

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive