Wednesday, February 20

Before I complain about the faults in my Education...



This is a free school under a bridge in the slums of New Delhi, India. Apparently at least thirty kids have been getting a free education by these two guys on the right for the past three years.

And this post was originally going to be about how frustrated I am that I have to clock in forty hours this semester of working at the Theatre and Dance library as part of my Production II Assignment. It was something about how education is supposed to serve me, and that I'm not supposed to serve education. But then I guess any of the thirty kids learning arithmetic under a bridge would be happy to work at a library and also learn the things I'm learning. I hope I can learn how to love learning as much as anybody in these pictures. (Or maybe I'm glorifying all of this and there are probably a couple kids in there like me who sometimes don't exactly want to be there.) But, I mean, in a broader sense, this is proof that the freedom of knowledge can be persevered, as long as someone cares enough to make it happen.Like that one Dr. Seuss quote. You know which one.
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing's going to get better. It's not.


 I leave you with this smug-looking guy who's up to no good.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive