Wednesday, September 14

When I Thought I Had Quite Forgotten Everything



This short clip brings to mind those dusty hours after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays that I spent on the cancha in the park outside of Binimea, scraping my knees and blocking soccer balls. We would sometimes make the people who were already using the cancha to play against us. Sometimes we'd win, and a lot of times we'd loose.

I can see it in my mind-- the cancha, the goal cages, stretching upwards to form basketball backboards with the rims ripped off. The dust. Everywhere. The wind, especially in May.

I think I need to go back.

2 comments:

Barb said...

I wish we all could go back to the days that make our heart glad. But I know that even if I did, I am different..therefore it would not be the same.

The smells remain though and sometimes that is good enough.

Isaac Middleton said...

Soooo true. I guess it's just better to let memories stay memories, and the sense of longing (or Joy, as C.S. Lewis calls it) can just get strong enough inside us to keep us alive. (Hi, Aunt Barb!)

Followers

Blog Archive