Tuesday, August 2

Dry Heats

Living in Kentucky for a year makes one sort of forget that such a thing as Dry Heat is a possibility. I've missed the feeling so much. The sunshine is almost tangible here. I had to go out of my way to buy sun screen today.

I really need to be taking more pictures. I'll take the camera out tomorrow.
Today Ben and I sat down with our new drummer Ryan from 10 am to 2 pm to work on getting the songs laid out. We only touched two of them. Honestly, I'm more excited now than ever about these songs. Before, these songs were just things that a guy recorded in his room. Now, they're songs by a Band. They have that Band feeling. It's spectacular.
In recording, I don't want to loose everything unique about the Composition aspect that took over when I was writing songs, but I definitely want to add the feeling of a band into these songs. It sounds so much more alive.

Tomorrow will more or less turn out the same.

P.s. Martin strings sound sooooooo folky. I shall never go back to Elixers ever again.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive