Monday, May 27

Number One

I've realized that I don't express myself musically to people very often. This is a skill that I work every day towards: to be able to sense my own emotions and then bring them to life through musical means. But I never give myself the option to do so, usually because I give the excuse that I am either too busy to get anything together, or because whatever I did put together I was never completely happy with and ended up scrapping the whole thing. I realized that I needed to create an environment that didn't have too high of standards. A place where I could express myself any given day through music and share just that with people, without any preconceived notions that it'd be a perfectly thought out idea. Mistakes and all would be welcome, because the mistakes are what was happening with me in that instance on that day. It's like an imperfect musical journal, I guess. A public musical journal. Or blog. Music blog. Yeah.

So the idea is that I'm just going to upload musical sketches onto Soundcloud and then post them on here and maybe blog about them. They won't even be perfectly thought out ideas. Just feelings. Or the metaphors of feelings, or people, or longings.
So I guess this is a privileged area to be: I'll be sharing my mistake-ful ideas with all of you. Whether you will want to listen or not is up to you.

https://soundcloud.com/isaacmiddleton/vices

Here's number One.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive