Wednesday, January 16

I Am


I am streets, streets, endless streets
winding, knotting, tangling;
dust matted deep into cracks
of the roads, of the wrinkles of the faces
wearing smiles.
Greeting Traders.

I am of a foreign music, of a secret language
that rests precisely at the tip of their tongues.
I am a question forever.
Unaware, happily so.

At home.

I am tucked-in shirts, short-cut hair, well-trimmed souls.
A marriage between the calloused hands of Faith
strangling the sad face of Learning.
A faith misguided, misinterpreted, misused.
Unknowingly, happily so.

I am a sky like a big blue mouth devouring this desert,
and perhaps the desert does the same to me,
with mountains like crooked teeth,
shouting life into me that I might remember their bones.
For I can never go back.
Unwillingly, happily so.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive