Wednesday, August 17

Thoughts from Jeremy Larson

Right now I'm listening to the semi-finished product of three of our songs.
It's odd. Two years ago, I always felt like it would be impossible to write a song and not show it to anybody for an extended period of time. The day I recorded a song would be the day I published it. I wanted instant gratification for my day's worth of work. And then I was always confused that all I got was about a day's worth of gratification. Anyway, it's odd because now we've been working on these songs for about six months now and no one (except a select endeared few) have heard them.

Jeremy Larson (one of my biggest musical inspirations)  had a post on his blog about a month ago that went something like this: if the music that you make doesn't move you more than anybody else's music does, you're doing something wrong. I completely agree with him. At first, I always felt sheepish about my music. To say "man, my music moves me more than any other artist's) would be unheard of. I felt that that would be pretty arrogant to say. But honestly, it sometimes is the honest truth. And it should be. It's My music, my thoughts, my feelings. It's my understanding of myself put into music. If it doesn't move me, then something is definitely wrong.

All this to say, I just listened to our music, and can honestly say that at a lot of points I'm moved probably more than what most music does to me. I'm.... excited. I love our songs.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive