Monday, January 3

Nostalgia

Since my sleeping schedule has been messed up so severely, thanks to just one late night out with friends, which led to other late nights, which led to even later nights, which led to being awake at four o'clock in the morning, I decided (under the persuasion of Mother) to clean my overdue messy room. In the process, I came across my weekly planner that I had kept since the late December of 2009. Being that I never keep track of things very well (let alone school planners), I am excessively pleased with myself that I have contradicted this forgetful nature of mine and have held onto it for a little over a year now. It struck a note in me when I turned to the last day and it was coincidentally marked January 2nd, 2011.

Today.

Well, yesterday if you want to go into semantics. But it was the day that I had just spent. I melancholically crossed it off, along with all the other days that I had forgotten to once school had let out. So now the planner is all planned out and I am in need of another one for the new year to come.
But I'm not thinking of that just quite yet. I've actually spent the last half hour poring over this thing and giggling, laughing, grinning, and crying to myself. Well, not really. But I have been moved towards those general directions in little ways. (And I just looked up if it's "pouring over" or "poring over," just to avoid looking little among my grammarian friends).

To amuse myself and perhaps you in consequence, I shall now post that which I have found scrawled over this old notebook. It consists of notes, lyrics, wishes, and muses, and (on occasion) actual assignments. To make sure I don't bore you or myself I shall only include the stuff I find most interesting.
Enjoy!




For Whom The Bell Tolls- Ernest Hemmingway
A Moveable Feast- Hemmingway
John Donne
We were studying Hemingway. I was intrigued. John Donne's the man.

Eighteen years ago, 
I dropped into this world below
Lyrics for a song I never finished (written just as I turned eighteen)

Sandcastles in the Sun
The beginning of the song Sandcastles

Some Algebra rubbish

Shall I prove to you that I can do what you can't?
No.
No, I shan't.


I have potential.
Exponential potential.

January 26, 2010
Nathanael Hawthorne (Circled)
H.G. Wells (Crossed Out)
Hellen Keller (Crossed Out)
Emily Dickenson (Crossed Out)

My choice for my last Research Paper

An accurate account for the Senior Trip
Tucson (Jonathan!)
San Diego Beach (Act like birds on the shoreline)
San Diego Zoo. Beach.
Knott's Berry Farm
B-Dubs. Back to El Paso
Olive Garden- back to Mexico


God created us. Therefore, he created every single one of our characteristics-- our likes, dislikes, habits, weaknesses, humor, strengths, music tastes, etc. Based on his absolute knowledge of our characteristics that he made, he knows exactly how we shall act, what choices we shall make with certain decisions, where we will make mistakes, where we will succeed, etc. We still have a free will and can make decisions for ourselves, but our decisions are based on ourselves and our characteristics, which God created. So at the same time, we have a free will, and Godknows what will happen and is in complete control.


Travel wish-list
France- Paris
France-D-day sight Operation Overlord
Turkey- Seven churches from the Bible
Greece- Greecian Landmarks?
Italy- Rome, Grandpa's tour


Love,
Love, 
Love,
Listen closely
cuz I'll only
say this once
etc.

The beginning of my Senior Will
I, Isaac Middleton, being of really really super awesome mind and somewhat less incredible body, do hereby write some sort of will [according to the New Testament] That last bit was crossed out...


I get so caught up in saying no to every temptation that I forget to follow you.




List of future major possibilities
English Lit.
Music Composition
Photography


Jesus' sacrifice made it possible to obtain salvation regardless of our works. Why, then should I do good works?


May 1, 2010
Hello, May. I've been waiting a loooooooooong time for you.


June 1
Goodbye, Chihuahua


June 3
Hello, Bowling Green


September 30
Sex Paper for Psych Due....


And the rest is just a lot of rot (as British folk of the twenties liked to say).

Hmmmm... I think I'll use my next planner next year even more so. Can't wait.

Thanks for reading
-Isaac



1 comment:

Kat said...

so i have gotten into writing a blog myself and have been following a few friends to see how it's done. I really enjoyed the way this was set up. Just a bunch of thoughts written down in a forgotten planner. I particularly enjoyed the excerpt about how God created us. Very inspirational. You have a gift for writing as well.

Followers

Blog Archive