Monday, July 18

Conclusion

I've been tired lately. Tired and Disinterested. I suppose that might be out of character.

I finished the one book that I never thought I could. The Lord of the Rings. July 16, 2011. At a coffee shop down by the square. A place that I will now always remember. I don't suppose that's too terribly sentimental of me, to keep track of the places that I finish favorite books. It's just that this has been my favorite book since the Seventh Grade. It's always been a sort of box that I've never completely opened all of the way. The expectation of what might be inside had been so engraved in me over the years that I have actually lost some of myself after turning the last page. And yet the box did not disappoint. All that I had ever hoped to be inside of it was indeed there to be found, along with more resolution and warmth than I had ever expected. I have lost a bit of myself. Yet upon losing myself, I also gained a certain beautiful tale to inhabit the small corridors of my mind and fill it with lasting significance and perhaps even a little wisdom.

On top of this, I watched the conclusion of the Harry Potter series. This was also a point of great momentum. One always knows how stories like these are bound to end. Yet even while the screen turns black and the lights come up, there is always a longing for the story to continue, just so that one can spend more time with the people that in some odd way matter in one's life.

These stories are important to me, and I have a few reasons why. But I don't want to bore you.

After finishing Lord of the Rings, everything else in the literary world pales in comparison. It's almost as if I don't want to read anymore.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive