Wednesday, August 28

passion

I found this song from a book that I'm reading, and I like it very much. Maybe you will too.




I think it's strange how one song can affect so many different types of people.

Like that moment of meeting someone you didn't know ever existed, and then finding out that you like the same music, or have read the same books, or wear the same clothes. And you connect with that person because they're moved in the same way that you're moved. Something resonates in them that also resonates in you.

When you are deeply passionate about something, and if you find someone else who is equally as passionate, then it is two burning people who burn together. And nothing is more beautiful or dangerous than that.

I don't understand the concept of Passion-- being passionate about something.

Some people talk about passion as if it's something that you don't have a choice about. I heard someone talking the other day, and they said "I just don't have the passion for it anymore like I used to." As if it was this energy that used to inhabit their souls, but it somehow magically and sorrowfully left and will never come back. And so the only thing to do is give up.

Or you hear people talking about someone, saying "Yeah. He's a really passionate guy." And sometimes I feel like they say it as if to excuse themselves. As if they were saying, "If I was that passionate, I would be doing the exact same thing as he is." They use Passion as a means to disregard somebody's work ethic and dedication.

People talk about Passion as if it's this fuel that makes whatever task in front of you easier to do.

Sometimes I feel like I live in a passion-less world, and that I myself am passion-less. Even though I sometimes feel myself burning for something, or someone, or somewhere. I feel like I do not burn enough. And I feel like not many people do. But I want to find the ones who burn. I want to find the ones who burn in the same way I burn, and I want to find the ones who burn much more than I do.

Can you choose to be passionate? Can you choose to burn? Or is it something that overtakes you? Something that suffocates you and pushes you forward at frightening speeds and the only thing you can do is hang on and pay attention.

Sometimes I feel like the way I live deadens my passion and numbs me from whatever is pulling me or pushing me or burning in me.

But then I wonder if that is an excuse.

Maybe I am simply letting my life deaden my passion, when really the only thing to do is let my passion bring my life to life.

I guess what I need to do is pay more attention and find the things that make me burn. Even just the tiniest flame. I must find those things and write them down and experience them and become them.

I don't really know why. I don't know what good it does other than the fact that I feel like that is why I am here.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive