Saturday, May 29

Senior Speech

A poem for Grad has been done before,
But I think it'd be fun if it's done just once more.
To all of the people for whom I am thankful,
I thank you inside of this slightly rhyming poem.

Mr. Nuce, Mr. Murray, Mrs. Baxter, Mr. Uskoski,
The only thing that rhymes with you is Tchaikovsky--
Which is really good music, but we digress.
And digression is something we must always suppress.

Speaking of Digression-- Mr. Nuce.
My respect for you has grown over the years
As much as my hair has grown over my ears.

Mr. Murray, Mrs. Baxter,
You guys taught me laughter
And to never stop questioning--
Never ever, never.

Mr. Uskoski,
The one thing you taught me
Is honesty in spirituality.

Kelsey and Haley and Mom and Dad
You guys are the best family this world's ever had.
Kelsey, thanks for your optimism.
You're the most encouraging person I know.
Haley, thanks for your long conversations,
Even though they've been all on the phone.

Mom and Dad,
I'm not gonna cry.
It's hard to say poetry with tears in your eyes.

Thanks for accepting me for who God made me to be.
Thank you both for loving me, even though I'm excessively juvenile.
Most of all, thanks for showing me Christ in your lifestyles.
I love you both more than anyone else,
And I hope maybe someday I can buy you both a three story mansion in the country,
Because you both deserve nothing less.

Most importantly,
I'd like to thank God for giving me life,
And all of these people and friends along with it.
Thank you all.
Goodnight.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive